Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Romances Lasting Outside the Book!

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. I just recently started this and I'm really excited about doing this!  Plus, they like lists!

This weeks topic is "Romances You Think Would Last Outside the Book!"  
I'm a sappy person, this is beyond perfect for me.

*SPOILERS* Read at your own risk, or just look at the couples :)

Ron and Hermione (Harry Potter) - there's just that relationship where at first they hate each other, they become friends, then best friends, then throughout all that, they secretly love each other.  It's just such a cute relationship.

I'm also gonna add Harry and Ginny.  They're meant for each other!!!

Christy and Todd (Christy Miller Series) - they love and care for each other.  Even though it's in 3rd person limited from Christy's view, you can tell that Todd really loves her and that she loves him back.  The "Forever" bracelet that Todd gave her, it really means forever.  He may be a bit older than Christy, but that doesn't even matter.  Also, they both share a love for God and they share friends who accept them for who they are.  
Alyss and Dodge (The Looking Glass Wars) - They were friends from childhood, when Alyss was a princess.  Then Alyss disappeared through the Pool of Tears and was brought to England.  Dodge did everything he could to reunite himself with Alyss.  They both love each other, but because there is a war going on, it's difficult for them to be together, but through everything, they never stopped loving each other, and he did everything he could to protect his one true love.

Finnick and Annie (The Hunger Games) - They both won their games, but they both had to live with the scars of the games forever.  During the 75th annual Hunger Games, when he heard Annie's screams, he felt like he couldn't protect her, and he was hurting inside.  When she got reaped, he wanted to protect her.  Their love for each other for each other was a struggle, but who cares, THEY ARE PERFECT FOR EACH OTHER.  If only Finnick and Annie were cast already...
 
Might as well add Katniss and Peeta. LOVE THEM.

Lennie and Joe (The Sky is Everywhere) - When Lennie's sister dies, Joe fills up the emptiness in her heart and reminds her that life goes on.  He takes her away from her sorrow, and she in return ends up falling in love with him.  They both fall for each other.  I love this couple.

Tris and Tobias (Divergent) - They're both strong and they don't show their weaknesses.  I feel like they balance each other out.  Sometimes in the relationship, Tobias wears the pants and other times, Tris wears the pants....but mostly Tobias.  They both genuinely care for each other.  And in Insurgent, when Tobias says, "You die, I die too."  My heart just broke.  He couldn't stand to live without her.  Probably one of my favorite couples ever.



Okay so it's a top 8... and it's not even really in order, but I really love these couples and they are all perfect for each other.  I think these pairs could last outside the book.

And congrats Jamie!


8 comments:

  1. Great picks. I want to read The Sky is Everywhere, it's in so many lists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I forgot to add that I put spoilers in there, so I'm sorry if it ruined any books for you. But anyways, thanks again! I think you might like The Sky is Everywhere :)

      I've been looking at other picks from other people. There's so many books I really want to read!

      Delete
  2. Awesome picks! I had Finnick & Annie on my list as well. They are definitely my all-time favorite couple. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking out my TTT :) It means a lot! And yeah, I love their relationship!

      Delete
  3. Great list! I need to read The Sky Is Everywhere and The Looking Glass Wars! They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're both great books. I definitely recommend!

      Delete
  4. Don't feel bad I didn't make it to 10 either! Another Ron and Hermione....I definitely should have had them on my list. I still need to read Divergent!

    Here's my top ten!

    http://www.wholly-books.com/2012/08/top-ten-tuesday-14.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Divergent is probably one of my favorite series! Even though it's fairly new, I can't stop talking about it :) Let me know as soon as you read it! I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I might respond to your reply & I love getting replies. It just really makes my day. So thanks so much and have a great day :)