Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Throwback Thursday (1): Into the Wild


Throwback Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by The Housework Can Wait and Never Too Fond of Books!

It’s the nature of book blogging to focus mainly on new releases, but there are thousands of great books out there that haven’t seen the “New Releases” shelf in years. We hope to be able to bring attention to some older titles that may not be at the top of the current bestseller list, but still deserve a spot in your To-Be-Read pile.

You don’t have to be a book blogger to participate! You can put up a Throwback Thursday post on your non-bookish blog, or if you don’t have a blog at all, just use the comments to tell us about a book you remember fondly.

Here’s how it works:
  1. Pick any book released more than 5 years ago. Adult, YA, Children’s; doesn’t matter. Any book will do.
  2. Write up a short summary of the book (include the title, author, and cover art) and an explanation of why you love it. Make sure to link back to The Housework Can Wait and Never Too Fond of Books in your post.
  3. Link up your post at The Housework Can Wait or Never Too Fond of Books.
  4. Visit as many blogs as you can, reminisce about books you loved, and discover some “new” books for your TBR list!

This week, (my starting week), I've decided to talk about one of my favorite series that I loved as a little 6th grader and I still can't get the series out of my mind.  It's something I just can't seem to let go.  I love the books and even though they were meant for children (8-12), I grew up with it and Ahhh, I still love it.

  Into the Wild (Warriors, #1) by Erin Hunter


Summary from Goodreads:  For generations, four Clans of wild cats have shared the forest according to the laws laid down by their warrior ancestors. But the ThunderClan cats are in grave danger, and the sinister ShadowClan grows stronger every day. Noble warriors are dying-- and some deaths are more mysterious than others.
In the midst of this turmoil appears an ordinary house cat named Rusty... who may turn out to be the bravest warrior of them all.

Why I love it:  Now, before you think, "Oh, a book about cats.  What do they mean by Clans?  What kind of nonsense is this?  Isn't this a childish book?", let me tell you guys what the book is to me.  It's a story about four different cat Clans living in the forest and Clans are like your family.  The Clan is first.  StarClan, the cat ancestors always have these different prophecies which sets up the main plot in the books, and there always happens to be a specific hero (a warrior of course) who saves the Clans.  These cats are called Warriors.  When I first read it, I was extremely confused about the names and how things in the Clan works, but after reading through it, I was able to get it.  And keep in mind, there's 6 books for each series of Warriors and 4 Warriors series, and everything is all connected.  It's like one of those tv shows where you need to start from the beginning to understand it. 

The series is just wonderfully made and even though it's about cats, well, it doesn't even matter to me.  This is the first book in the entire series and it's filled with adventure, romance, and everything in between.  I mean, sometimes I think to myself, "Why am I shipping cats together?"  But really, in the series, you hear the story from their point of view.  And it's like they're the humans, but they're not.  What I mean is, they have feelings as well and they have brains too. 

I just really love the series and I still fangirl slightly over it sometimes.  Even as a teenager, I'm still a child at heart :)  To me it's not just a children's book.


Question (IRRELEVANT):  How exactly do you position a picture?  For example, have the picture to the left of the screen, and everything else is shifted to the side?  I'm really new at this, and some help would be nice :)  By the way, thanks for reading!!!


2 comments:

  1. Pictures go wherever YOU think they look best. True story. That's why you see them in all sorts of different places.

    The book sounds quite lovely by the way, even though I am currently waging a war on cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be honest, at first I was like, "cats? Really?" But I can see how it would be really interesting :-) Maybe I'll check it out for my kids - they LOVE cats!

    So glad you could join us this week! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I might respond to your reply & I love getting replies. It just really makes my day. So thanks so much and have a great day :)