Thursday, August 23, 2012

Starting My Junior Year/ Reading Update

Hey guys!  So a lot has happened in the past few days!  First off, I haven't been on as often as I would've hoped for these past few days.  School just started for me today!  Which means I have a lot of goals I'm planning on setting for myself, plus all the homework, quizzes and tests to deal with as well.  It's not summer anymore for me.  I have a lot of work ahead of me!

My first day was pretty good!  My AP English class is the first class of the day, and apparently my teacher gives us a lot of books to read.  I think we'll be reading The Great Gatsby which I've heard from a number of people is really good.  So I'm looking forward to reading that!

I won't be on as often as I would like now that my Junior year is starting, but I'll do my best to keep you guys updated and get more reviews on this blog :)

READING UPDATES:

I recently just finished two books, Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie & The Last Hope (Warriors:  Omen of the Stars, #6)  by Erin Hunter

Peter PanThe Last Hope (Warriors: Omen of the Stars, #6)

Peter Pan Quick Review

Rating: 3/5

I thought the book was really well written.  I feel like it was used to appeal to kids and even adults too.  I felt nostalgic reading this.  As a boy who never grows up, Peter Pan was filled with life, love and adventure.  He represented the joys of being a child.  I swear I felt so nostalgic reading this.  I loved the book.  It also had a bittersweet ending that I feel needed to happen, though I would be sad about it.  Again, bittersweet ending.

The Last Hope (Warriors:  Omen of the Stars, #6)  Quick Review

Rating: 5/5 (FAVORITE)

Honestly, I don't think I ever cried so much reading a book before.  PERFECTION.  And I'm being honest when I say, I'm not exaggerating...at all.  This series has been a part of my life since I was in 6th grade.  It will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart.  Suffering from withdrawals.  I still look back on the memories when I first started the series and I remember them, and I wish I could relive those wonderful memories.  Warriors Series Forever <3  Great book with a bittersweet ending.

RECOMMENDED.  But start with Into the Wild (Warriors, #1).  It's the first book of the first series. (There's four series in the Warriors saga, 6 books in each series, not including super edition books, guides, or manga books)

Amazing, Epic ending to one of my favorite series ever (unless there's a fifth series coming...) There's at least 24+ books in the complete series :)

WHAT I'M READING NOW

I am reading Deep Down Popular by Pheobe Stone.  Goodreads Summary
Deep Down Popular

So far it's alright.  I just started, so there's not much to say about it yet.

BOOK GOALS FOR MY JUNIOR YEAR:
  • Read at least 37 books
  • Read TMI series & PJO series
  • Read a lot of the books on my bookshelf at home (it's overflowing with books I haven't read yet!)
  • I need to read these.  I've been hearing good things about The Fault in Our Stars by John Green & Unwind by Neal Schusterman.  They happen to be on my school's "Read for a Lifetime" list.  It's a list of books that students can read throughout the school year, and if you read at least 4 of those books, you get entered to win prizes, even a nook (or kindle, I forgot which)!  Even though I already have a kindle.
Anyway, this is just a quick update on what's going on in my life and what I plan on reading.  I may or may not do a review for The Last Hope but if you haven't already, check out my review for The Truth About Forever if you have a chance! :)
Also, find me on goodreads!  (check my contact page)

Later in the week, maybe on Saturday, I will be posting my thoughts about the Catching Fire cast so far.  But let me just say, Sam Claflin is absolutely perfect for Finnick Odair.  I can't get over how gorgeous he is.  I mean, look at this:



I REST MY CASE.

Until then!



2 comments:

  1. Never heard of Omen of the Star Warriors before! 24 books in total that's staggering, but there's obviously a demand for the books, so that's good :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah the series is a big one. At first it's just like, wait, why is this book about cats? But it's actually very enticing and I really love it! But Omen of the Stars is the 6th book of the 4th series (that can get confusing), so there's a lot of books before that. The books go in order, like the story continues. That's one of the reasons I love it. Thanks for checking out my update! :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I might respond to your reply & I love getting replies. It just really makes my day. So thanks so much and have a great day :)